1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stagg Bass Neck Truss rod is curved or flat ?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Mustafa Umut Sa, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Mustafa Umut Sa

Mustafa Umut Sa

Oct 20, 2007
    I bought a second hand stagg bass heavily used , neck is bending every day. I want to correct it and I want to learn does truss rod is flat or curved ?

2. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    That depends on whether there is tension on it or not, and whether it is a single or dual action rod.. When there is no tension, meaning the rod is loose and the strings are slack, the rod is almost straight, with a slight forward bow (usually.) As the strings pull the neck forward the rod bends more. Tightening the rod counter acts the string tension and straightens the rod at least partially. If the rod was straight with no tension on it you would never be able to get a back bow in the neck, so makers will put a slight forward bow into the rod from the beginning. I believe a dual action rod can be put in straight.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018