Stagg basses anyone?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by steal-o-matic, Nov 30, 2004.

1. steal-o-matic

Apr 11, 2004
    I recently played a stagg bass, a stingray copy, and unplugged it played wonderfully, nice feeling neck, amazing action, and it looked great.
    Unfortunatly I didn't get a chance to plug it in and play, I was wondering if anyone had on e of these basses and could
    give me an idea of the tone and what problems I might run into
  2. td1368

Jan 9, 2001
    I played one at a recent guitar show from a vendor down south. I wished I remembered the name of the company.
    It seemed like decent Stingray copy for the money about $185 but I had a similar problem that it was so noisy at the show and the guy had a small crate amp I couldn't get a good idea of the sound.

Overall they seemed like pretty decent basses and guitars. The Stingray copy was made in China. Don't know what other models they have.
  3. kearney

Jul 5, 2004
  4. Marshes

Sep 20, 2004
    The guitar shop I take lessons at stocks Stagg. As a matter of a fact, thats ALL they have!! They are OK basses for the price. I've never really played a nice feeling one before, but for the price they are nice.
  5. td1368

Jan 9, 2001
    It may have been Arbor. Somewhere in North Carolina maybe. Now that I looked up some prices on-line he had some good deals. They were definately demo models because there was quite a bit of fret wear on the bass I was trying out.

I thought the B300 I think? was a very nice bass for the money.

The dude said they were a Belgian company that was making instruments overseas and he just started distribuitng them in the US.

Where are you guys located? I'd like to try one out again especially the fretless.

Here's the link to their website:
  6. spekman

Aug 5, 2004
    yes they are made in belgium (it's one of the only cheap things they sell here :) )
    i don't really like them, the quality, sound,... isn't that good but they are really cheap
    so if you look for a beginners bass and you havent got lots of money, go for it, but don't expect it to be a really good bass