Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stainds "Sober"?!?!?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by JP Bassman, Apr 30, 2002.

1. JP Bassman

JP Bassman

Jun 18, 2001
    Jersey/DC
    BOOO!!!! While illegally downloading live versions of sober I downloaded 2 staind versions - one acoustic, one not. Obviously they havent heard themselves doing this awesome song yet or else they'd have shot themselves in the face over and over again. I never considered maynard a great singer, but compared to aaron lewis - holy christ, hes the next <insert awesome singer here> ;)

Then theres the whole johnny april isnt paul or justin aspect, not to mention the drum is completely off. The guitar part isnt that challenging, especially when playing acoustic, but lets get back to teh rhythm section...albeit, covers shouldnt be perfect, but good god, at least get the beat right!!:mad: I'm so furious right now. If all it takes to be a good artist is to write crappy songs and cover tool songs horribly then hell I should be quadrillion platinum by now!

grrr........

2. LOL...

Those things piss me off too..

Man.. those Staind guys suck.. they have nothing possitive, no groove, no power, no style.. they are just a poor copy of other good crap around but with some kind of a sad and depressive attitude.... ":( " <-:D

well.. mm Tool kicks ass..

3. JP Bassman

JP Bassman

Jun 18, 2001
    Jersey/DC
    agreed, if it wasnt for mudshovel i would full-out hate the band, but alas i can only loathe them given the mudshovel factor :p

4. Yeah, started to download the video for the live non accoustic one... sooo awful. The only thing worse than hearing staind slaughter tool is watching it. You get to see Johnny April dancing around with his legs spread apart like an idiot. And Mike Mushok's "I'm so bad ass" jig. And Aaron howling into he mic... soooooooooo awful.

5. JP Bassman

JP Bassman

Jun 18, 2001
    Jersey/DC
    oh man, im not gonna consider downloading the video....holy crap i think itd punch out my computer....:eek: :p

6. motherfunker

motherfunker

Apr 29, 2002
    New York
    Staind covering "Sober"?!? Aaron should be sodomized (like in prision sex) and have the **** kicked outta him. i mean, i wouldn't care if a GOOD band (like for example, SOAD) did a cover of sober, but STAIND??? :mad:

7. JP Bassman

JP Bassman

Jun 18, 2001
    Jersey/DC
    oh id still care....

8. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    I cannot put my hate for Staind into words.:mad: