1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stainless on Ibby SR?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by El Jefe, May 2, 2010.

1. El Jefe

El Jefe

Jun 25, 2008
    Sacramento
    i have a SR700 and im in a punk band and love how stainless strings sound on my SC pb bass. the ibanez is much easier to play on but i've only put nickle stings on it. would stainless stings sound good with the bart mk1's? anyone done this? :bassist:

2. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Sure. Stainless steel strings just add a bit more metallic sound to the tone and some also add more top end then most nickels. However some brands of stainless like rotosound are about the same brightness as most nickels. Anyway rotosounds my fave stainless roundwound. They worked fine on my SR300. Current owner of it is still useing rotosounds swing 66 for it.

3. El Jefe

El Jefe

Jun 25, 2008
    Sacramento
    well i went ahead and put some pro steels on it, it sounds great unplugged and i'll be using it through my rig tonight at practice, i think this may be my ideal setup if it sounds like i hope!!

4. christle

christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    My SR505 almost always wears ProSteels or Hi-Beams. It seems happiest with the ProSteels....