1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD Stainless Steel Fender replacement bridges

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by fivestringdan, May 4, 2017.

1. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Price:
    I have 1 stainless steel replacement bridges for
    Fender available. These were prototypes that were made with the expectation of manufacturing. I bought them recently and do not know the origin or maker. The steel is raw, not finished and has a relic look to it. Small scratches ect... I have installed one on my 1993 Fender P bass and it is a direct replacement for Fender 5 screw. The saddles are new allparts as are the provided screws. These are very cool looking and the metal is much thicker than the plate for the Fender bridge. Only bridge I can find that is close is the hipshot vintage and they are $97. So if you ever wanted a stainless steel bridge this is a great opportunity.

I figured out after shipping several bridges that $3.50 is a safe number for shipping. So I changed the price from $25 to $28.50 shipped.

Paypal is accepted.

IMG_20170504_150012583.jpg IMG_20170504_150019836.jpg IMG_20170504_150036537.jpg

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  2. reddog

reddog Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Philly burbs
    Does one of the bridge saddles overhang the edge? Thx

Last edited: May 13, 2017
    fivestringdan likes this.
  3. fivestringdan

Dec 4, 2001
    No, looks that way from the angle of the picture I took.

Got as strait above the bridge as I could photograph. I replaced the bridge on my 93 Pbass with one of these and it fits perfect. Action was a tad higher from the thickness of the bridge plate but that was expected.

IMG_20170513_065342604.jpg

reddog likes this.
  4. reddog

reddog Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Philly burbs
    I.d like one. Zip code 19312. Thx!

5. fivestringdan

Dec 4, 2001
    Sent a quote for shipping via PM. Thank you.

6. fivestringdan

Dec 4, 2001
    One sold! Thanks pudge!

7. fivestringdan

Dec 4, 2001
    Second one sold!

8. CATFISHMcC0Y

CATFISHMcC0Y

Mar 23, 2017
    Indiana
    Installed mine today. Was a drop in replacement on my squier affinity p bass (1997 serial "nc7..."). Thanks, Dan.

9. fivestringdan

Dec 4, 2001
    Another one sold. Thanks Brad!

10. TeeAre

TeeAre

Oct 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    How does this bridge feel compared to the old Squier bridge? Heavier? Sturdier?

11. fivestringdan

Dec 4, 2001
    I have an old Mexi pbass bridge. It's a tad heavier and feels more solid.

12. CATFISHMcC0Y

CATFISHMcC0Y

Mar 23, 2017
    Indiana
    Yeah it's definitely heavier and a little larger front to back than the one that was on my squier.

13. fivestringdan

Dec 4, 2001
    Six left, thanks all who have purchased.

14. Desuh

Desuh

May 28, 2011
    Michigan
    Where were these made?

15. fivestringdan

Dec 4, 2001
    I don't know. I bought a bunch of parts from a repair tech. I'm guessing Arkansas, Oklahoma or Missouri.

Desuh likes this.
  16. Desuh

Desuh

May 28, 2011
    Michigan
    Oh that's great! I just wanted to make sure it was US made. I'll definitely buy one pretty soon. Thanks!

17. fivestringdan

Dec 4, 2001
    Another sold, 5 left. Don't miss out if you were ever wanted this type of bridge.

18. fivestringdan

Dec 4, 2001
    Sorry, one more gone. Just scored a sweet squire jazz!

CATFISHMcC0Y likes this.
  19. fivestringdan

Dec 4, 2001
    Another one sold. I may keep the rest if I purchase and more fenders down the road.

20. fivestringdan

Dec 4, 2001
    Thank you to everyone who purchased my little find. I am going to keep the last two for future fender purchases. So I will sell one more bridge and that will be then end of this sale. Thank you all again and I hope you enjoy.

Dan...

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 10, 2021