Stainless Steel Piccolo Strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Snidelybass, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Snidelybass

Snidelybass

Feb 16, 2013
    Hey! I ve been wanting to get some piccolo strings for a while now so i can make my bass overdub tracks without the need to mix everything to its bones.But i have a nickel allergy and i cant find any steel piccolo strings.anyone came across any?

2. Jon Moody

Jon Moody Commercial User

Sep 9, 2007
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Manager of Brand Identity & Development, GHS Strings, Innovation Double Bass Strings, Rocktron
    With guys like Jason at Bass Strings Online, you should be able to put a set together very easily.

If going with our Super Steels, you'll probably want a PB18, STB30, STB40 and STB50 gauges. That would get you a steel string piccolo set that's comparable to our Boomers packaged piccolo set.

OOD likes this.
  3. ixlramp

ixlramp

Jan 25, 2005
    UK
    You could buy singles plus a Rotosound (or other long enough) plain steel guitar string with a bass ball end threaded onto it. For sets Kalium strings' new store will have a huge (biggest) range of steel piccolo sets.

4. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Inactive Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    Singles, and then a Plain Steel bass string .018p or .020p. Heck, you can even get .020w WOUND bass strings. Guitar Strings wont work if you have an inline 4 headstock only on a 2+2 where the 1st tuning post is really close to the nut.

the Plain Steel string doesn't matter, just get what ever is cheapest and buy a couple as they don't last as long as the others...

But yeah as GHS Official said, you gotta buy singles.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 29, 2021