Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stairway vs. NSYNC?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by whiteshadow, Jul 8, 2002.

1. whiteshadow

whiteshadow

Jul 3, 2001
    Ohio
    What would you do if your girlfriend thought "Stairway To Heaven" was a song by NSYNC based on hearing the intro? I'm a little perplexed, that's a cardinal sin in some people's book...

2. "yes sweety.. its nsync.." in fact play her some cool classic MUSIC and say "hey its N*Sync and Backdoor boys.. :rolleyes:

:D:D

Merls

Hmm they'll probably do a gay remix anyway..

3. dump her like a barrel of toxic waste.

4. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    You've got to be kidding me. Aren't you?

If you're not, and this actually happened, there will be an angry mob outside of her house quite soon. :mad: ;)

5. melvin

melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    Isnt NSYNC a speed metal trio?

6. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Noooo... they do a sort of thrash-prog-jazz-skater punk combo thingy. :D :D :D

7. Really? I thought they were a new-wave/nazi hate metal/folk type group.

Rock on
    Eric

8. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    That was on their first album. The later stuff is more like what I said.

9. If anyone thought that Stairway sounded like NSync or thought it was NSync I would slap them and make them my monkey! :D :p ;)

10. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I would say that is time to get a new girlfriend, but that is if you're like me. For me, music is a huge part of my life. I would not want to be with someone who can't tell the difference between Led Zeppelin and a boyband.

11. whiteshadow

whiteshadow

Jul 3, 2001
    Ohio
    In her defense, she said that she couldn't hear it because we were in the back of a friends car and only heard a few notes, though she'd never heard the song before. Ah well... I guess she can't be perfect, right?

12. I used to date a girl who was deeply into boy bands. (Possible oxymoron intentional.) I used to weird her out by listening to Thelonious Monk when we were in the car.

We didn't last long, but boy, she was hot. Damn.

13. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    ::speaks as he loads a shotgun::

Where does she live?

;)

Peace
    Nick

14. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    On a more serious note, I just remembered my cousin telling me that she heard Dolly Parton playing Stairway, on the local rock station.

To clarify, the Dj's played it for kicks, and to see howmany calls they could get. Needless to say, the lines were ringing off the hooks with calls from enraged fans screaming for them to make it stop.

One more reason why I no longer listen to the radio.

Peace
    Nick

15. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Actually, I prefer NSYNC to Led Zepellin.

off to MISC.

16. I haven't heard that song, but hey.. I'm pretty sure one of S'sync's members is a bassplayer! His name is Dirk Lance or something.. He's the one whos going to the space. COol isn't it?

:D

17. Hey I know what she's talking about. I don't know about you guys, but I sure do love the N'Sync cover of "Starway to Heaven". It's even better than the original! :)

:eek: :D

18. BassDom

BassDom

Dec 1, 2001
    Brantford

I'd Shoot her.