Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stambaugh 5 String

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by incognito89x, Sep 22, 2005.

1. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    SOLD!

Yet another victim of the constantly changing bass stable. I don't know a whole lot about this bass as I had just recently recieved it. The bass has a wonderful tone, but just not the one I'm looking for. This has a bubinga top. Lookng for $1000 shipped. Will consider offers for a 5 string bongo or spector. There is a bit of a scuff mark near the input jack on the bottom of the bass, other than that it's very clean.

Pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Humabass

Humabass Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    pm sent

3. incognito89x

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    Replied.

4. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    Just out of curiosity, what kind of tone would you say this bass has and what kind of tone are you looking for?

5. incognito89x

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    Though I've never played one, the gentleman that traded me this bass likened it to the sound of a Zon. It's got a very nice smooth sound with a bit of bite on the attack (from the barts I assume)

I'm looking for something more aggressive sounding (a la the Spector/Bongo request) I've got the Bubinga Spector (in my avatar) which has the sound I love.

6. rbrown13

rbrown13 supporting member

Sep 9, 2005
    bakersfield ca,
    you have pm

7. rickr

rickr Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2003
    CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA
    is that a 34" or 35" scale?