1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stambaugh Fretless 5 hollow body.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BEADG, Jul 18, 2008.

1. BEADG

BEADG

Jan 8, 2006
    North Carolina
    Some of you may remember I had this listed earlier in the spring and though there was a lot of interest it didn't sell. Originally I had hoped to get $1700 for it but now I'm willing to go a little lower ($1550 + S&H) for a few days. I'll bump it a few times but next Saturday (26th) I leave for two weeks.

This bass has a chambered mahogany body w/ Quilted Bubinga top that has a nice center streak of heart/ sap wood. The neck is 5 piece Maple and Bubinga with Mac ebony FB and the thinnest lines (Bubinga) that disappear from just a foot away. The neck is slim and fast and the action is low and perfect. Chris installed an LR Baggs Piezo under the saddle and actually scooped out some of the underside of the Bubinga top to make it more resonant. This was perhaps the 4th or 5th of these new Stammy basses that chris delivered but he mentioned that it was the first to get a thicker mahogany body and the first to get the scooped out underside.
    Chris lives only about an hour from me and I know some day I'll have him hook me up with a new bass but this one is just too much for me and after playing it for only a few minutes it has sat in my closet. It's just too pretty to be a closet queen so I'll see if there is any interest. I'm not interested in trades.
    Chris stamped the SN 101007 in the back of the headstock which is the day I drove up to his shop and picked it up. If you ordered this same bass new it would cost $2100 plus shipping and you would have a 10+ month wait for it.

I'm listing for $1,550 + S&H because when I took it out a few months ago to tune it up I noticed the dry New England air had opened up a 2 centimeter opening (not really a crack because it can only be felt, not seen) in the Bubinga on the top near the upper horn. It is more of a ridge than anything else and does not effect the instrument at all!

Some additional details...
    34" Scale; 19MM spacing at the bridge, flush mounted strap locks; New TKL hard case; Black accent veneers; Mother of Pearl side dots and logo; Ebony Nut and a Mac ebony Thumbrest I had Chris make but it was not installed so I'll include it and let the new owner decide.
    Not interested in trades at this time. I prefer Pay Pal or a personal check (I cannot take money orders or bank checks).
    PM me if you have any questions or would like additional pictures.
    Thanks,

Attached Files:

2. BEADG

BEADG

Jan 8, 2006
    North Carolina
    Bump

3. BEADG

BEADG

Jan 8, 2006
    North Carolina
    Bump

4. BEADG

BEADG

Jan 8, 2006
    North Carolina
    Bump

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021