1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Stambaugh on Ebay (cheap)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lokire, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Definitely a cool way to get your hands on a Stammy for cheap :)

2. Definatly. If I had noticed it a few days earlier, I would have tried to sell something so I could buy it :smug: . Ah well.

3. Yeah, I just won that. I immediately went outside, and ran around in circles while screaming with joy. I'm just going to wire it passive with Fender pups for now. I'm thinking NJ4s and an OBP-1 for the future, although the Villex pups seem really interesting. I want a woody tone with lots of air. I'm excited about having a nice fretless to keep my Eshenbaugh 5 company.

4. Awesome - it's in the TB family :)

Got any pics of your Eshembaugh?

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Id take advantage of all the pot routes that are there so it looks nice and purtyy, so id definitely put in a nice preamp at some point.

6. No pics of the Eshenbaugh, but I can say that, without a doubt, that it is the perfect bass for me. Its got the most gorgeous mahogany body I've ever seen in my life. The grain has got these great shiny ripples in it. Theres a thin quilt maple strip with thin ebony veneers down the center of the body. It's got a set maple neck with a wenge fingerboard. The top is burled madrone. Its got some cool trick features on it too, such as engraved ebony covers for the Kent Armstrong pups, string through with a wooden bridge, proprietary Eshenbaugh pre. I think the frets might be banjo frets, they're tiny. The sound is just godly: big, open, and punchy. I'll work on getting some pictures of it taken for you guys.

7. Cliff Bordwell

Cliff Bordwell Commercial User

Jan 6, 2004
    USA , Orlando , Florida
    Owner of CB BASSES
    Congrats!!

8. agreed on pics of the eshenbaugh...sounds like one I haven't seen.