Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stambaugh.....opinions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ohmslaw, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Ohmslaw

Ohmslaw

Aug 24, 2005
    I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with Chris' work and if so how do you like your bass, especially interested in a single cut.

2. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I can't say enough about Chris's basses. They're easily the best deal out there, and that doesn't mean that you'll get a bass with a lack of attention to detail. Great build quality and they play beautifully. I'm borrowing a friend's 5 string for a Reggae gig this Saturday. Great bass. I've owned a few myself and wouldn't hesitate to buy another. Be sure to do a search for many, many positive comments on Chris's work.

3. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    +100

I couldn't be happier with mine!!

[​IMG]

4. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Sound clips! Sound clips! :spit: :D

5. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Have a little patience and you'll be able to get a copy of the CD..

;)

6. Mine- love it. Chris is THE MAN! Man, what a crappy picture.

7. I was really suprised to see a Stambaugh 5 string double cut at my local Guitar Center today. It was quite an impressive bass.. If I had the money, I definantly would have bought it.

8. They seem to hold their value very well, though I'll never sell mine.

9. todd 4ta

todd 4ta

Apr 3, 2003
    Indiana
    I noticed the Stambaugh 5 at the Indy GC this weekend, also. I feel like I've seen that one before but couldn't remember where.

10. Me too.. When I first saw it, I couldve sworn I've seen it on here before.. They had a Fodera in there that went quite quick also.

11. unity bass

unity bass

Dec 15, 2003
    Modesto, Ca.
    Pretty much every comment I've ever posted to TB is about how much I love my Stambaugh. Seriously, His work kicks butt. (He's cool Too!)

Chad

(I'm showing serious restraint by not posting another pic of my bass!)

12. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Do it!!!!

13. unity bass

unity bass

Dec 15, 2003
    Modesto, Ca.
    That's all the encouragement I needed!

[​IMG]

14. It looks great, for sure....
    I really start to be a bit sad living here for only one reason, so many basses and gears we can't try....:bawl:
    But anyway....Very cool!
    Waiting for soundclips too...

Vince

15. I own one of Chris's single cuts, and the fit and finish is among the finest I've ever seen. Perfect playability, rock solid neck, perfect balance, moderate weight.... very, very nice. If you are looking for that type of fancy, neck through bass, it's as good as it gets.

16. Chris will build it pretty much however you ask- for a(very reasonable)price. I think it's been mentioned that many options are included, which for other builders are costly upgrades.

17. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Are you the one getting the 9 string fanned fret bass from Chris that I've heard of? I'm planning on heading over there this week to check it out.

18. No, my next Stammie will be 7 string, lined fretless(bubinga lines on acrylicized maccassar ebony), double cutaway, neckthrough w/a big honkin' musicman-style humbucking Aero towards the rear. I will call it the Pedulla killer. ;) No offense to anyone named Pedulla or players of similarly named basses- I love Buzzes, in fact playing one got me started on this project. But I wanted a 6; then that turned into a 7- at my wife's suggestion. :eek: She is a keeper.
    Chris is supposed to start on it this or next week. He did mention the 9- I think he'll be doing 'just' those two for awhile.

19. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Does she have a sister????

:D

20. No, but if she did, I might be tempted to turn Mormon. ;)