Stambaugh Pricing

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Flag2Flag, Dec 31, 2005.

1. Flag2Flag

Dec 30, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Hey, if you guys dont mind, can you post what you guys have paid for your Stambaughs? id like to eventually get one and replace my Rogue, but being 16, it's is kind of hard to come across enough cash to buy a custom bass. ive only heard good things about Chris, and that his basses are not out of the realm of possibility (price wise)

2. Flag2Flag

Dec 30, 2005
    Austin, TX
    oh yeah, post pictures too
  3. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I'm the same way. I'm 18. I'd say, save up all your money for a good couple years, and when the time comes, buy the bass of your dreams.

As for Stammies go, I don't know haha. Check out Benavente too. KILLER basses. I'm ordering one in the future.

How's that for pics? haha
  4. TheMightyQuinn

Dec 26, 2005
    There are going to be a lot of differing prices. Your best bet is to email Chris with some of your ideas so you know what you're shooting for.
  5. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    Expect to pay between $1800 and $3000 depending on options. I believe he is honoring the pricing on his site. However, as the last poster said, call him to solidify a spec and get a price.
  6. jordanm

Feb 24, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Also keep an eye out for used ones while your saving up. I dont think Stammies depreciate as much as some high end basses since there not quite as expensive. But you can still save alot buying used! I started doing the same thing when I was your age and ended up buying a used one way before I saved up enough to order a new one. Eventually ended up with a few nice customs for what it would have cost me to order that first one. :)