1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

STAMMIE ON EBAY!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by instigata, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Commercial User

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder/Owner: Wing Instruments
    I actually owned that one. It's a sweet bass. I didn't really like the wood bridge though. I think it needs adjusting on the high side. Great versatile tone though. I also think the price is about $500 too high.

2. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA

+1, it's a gorgeous bass but overpriced. I had a chance to buy it last year and passed. I can't remember what the price was, but I know it was close to $1600...

3. can't you get your own made for that price?

4. If it were 34", bolt-on & significantly cheaper(or the seller was willing to trade it for my 4:ninja: ), I'd be putting some undue stress on my marriage right now.;) Nice, but definitely overpriced. Like the 6 at Bassalone.com- whassupwidat?:confused:

5. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    All I can think of is overpriced.

6. chrisp2u

chrisp2u

Aug 15, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Think that would be around the $2200-2400 range new. Definitely overpriced starting bid for used.

7. i dont know about the price on it, i guess its over price like everyones saying, but i actually really like that bass. Its one of the few singles i really like, reminds me a les paul on steriods, with a killer top.

8. chrisp2u

chrisp2u

Aug 15, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    No doubt it's a great bass. Pretty much the pimped out version of my stammie. I have the "basic" (single P/U) bolt-on version with a hipshot bridge (and no d-tuner).
    ---
    c

9. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Commercial User

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder/Owner: Wing Instruments
    I emailed the ebay seller because I noticed he was about 15 mins from me. In my note I mentioned I owned the bass before, and that he was about $500 to $700 too high on his price. He response:

"I sincerely doubt you owned this guitar since I am the owner and
    only owner"

Hmmm. How would he explain the pics I took of it after I rec'd it...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We'll see. I personally think this guy was screwed by the last guy who sold it to him, but you never know. Woodgrain NEVER lies.