1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stand Alone Synths, Circuit Bent, Oscilators

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Mar 4, 2008.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I've been thinking recently (I know this is never good) I have quite a few oscilators and things in pedals and I see more and more being produced so though hell why not make a thread about them, what have we owned, seen etc.

I'm thinking of going to some local charity shops and picking up some kids toy keyboards and things and see what wierdness I can create with them.

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    The only problem with them is:

1) Funky power
    2) Funky i/o jacks

3. circuit bending is fun... but its become like a fad...

remember the times of free jazz... it was funny that there where a lot of people pretending to play free jazz but actually not knowing how to play the basics on the instrument... but only time has pointed out the true players!!!

things are getting pretty fishy in the times of electronic gadgets and gimmicks!!!

but be free to explore new worlds!!! ;)

4. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I use the tickle me elmo guitar in the middle of my dub jams sometimes.

5. jakusx

jakusx

Nov 11, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale
    I just got a Korg Kaossilator.

I love it.

6. For synths, we use an Access Virus Kb and a Nord Lead 2 rack. As for stand-alone oscillators, nothing yet, but I'm really jonesing for a freqbox

7. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    East Bay, CA
  8. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    East Bay, CA