1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stand up Digi BassSynthWah Users

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SG-Jazz, Sep 30, 2008.

1. SG-Jazz

SG-Jazz

Dec 24, 2007
    Los Angeles
    I just bought one two weeks ago for 90 dollars went to guitar center the other day and they were on clearance because they were discontinued. So I bought another one for twenty bucks. Since these things are so versatalle Im runnin both on my pedal board. So much for changin settings to get different sounds. I have one on the sub env, and the other on synth # 2,this is fun, just wanted to share.

2. (b)Assman

(b)Assman

Jun 22, 2008
    Champaign, IL
    Too bad I payed 90 dollars for it.

I find myself almost never using it. I wish I had knew they were going on clearance I woulda got one then. Thumbs down for compulsive buying.

3. discontinued?? :( dang ****
    i thought i'd be buying one soon, sad it takes me sooooo long to save up

4. fake-bass

fake-bass

Oct 17, 2006
    Hobart
    are they really discontinued?

5. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    I have one here, but am looking around for a blend/mix pedal to mix it into my sound a bit at times rather then all/none on many of the settings.

6. discontinued? ARG! im calling my store later to see if they have one. i know that the other store (small local owned shop) by me has one, but he charges an arm and a leg for stuff. hes got a new bp-50 in stock and its got a $100 tag on it...

EDIT: musiciansfriend still has them for $90, and the gc website no longer has them

7. EddieG

EddieG

Jan 19, 2005
    Scotland
    I have one, and love it. Run it before a Boss ODB-3 or any distortion pedal, and its an absolute monster!!

8. I love mine, I use it for a load of stuff, I usually have either a really slow sweep for intros, or a really fast one for riffs, depends what I'm playing.

The envelope is good too!

oh, and the octaver rocks :smug:

I hate it when people call this pedal "one trick pony", I find so many uses for it!

9. If an GC employee told you that it was discontinued I'd highly doubt it. More than likely it was a demo, a return or they're not stocking digitech bass fx anymore. GC employees are notorious for propagating falsehoods.

10. i will need to save up, would take time...... when i have some money i'd let you know ;)

11. EddieG

EddieG

Jan 19, 2005
    Scotland
    Nice try, but NO CHANCE!!:D

12. oh ****! i actually read it like you wanted to sell it :confused:
    crazy me
    edit: or maybe the post (by someone else maybe) which said so disappeared. dunno

13. rnilson

rnilson

Mar 8, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    I just talked with GC in my city (KC) and the BSW is selling for $89.00, not $20.00. They had 2 in stock. I don't think it is discontinued at all. I think somthing else was going on here you can't trust GC sales people for accurate info.

14. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Discontinued? Really?

I got mine from GC a few years ago and it was only $70 or so. I use that thing so much, if theyre on clearance for $20 I might have to pick up a spare, you know, just in case...

or, i could buy 5 of them and sell them at retail price!

15. almix12

almix12

Apr 3, 2008
    im getting mine used for 45...:bag:

16. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    MF has them at $90 ...

17. i called the gc by me earlier. the woman in the acc. department said that they had a digitech bass pedal display a while ago and sold them at a similar $20-$30 price. she said that she wasnt aware of them being discontinued, more likely that guitar center just would stock them anymore, if anything. which is good. its a popular pedal, i dont see why digitech would discontinue any of their bass pedals
    (waits for someone to mention the bass whammy :bag:)

18. although it fits better here:

How is the bass synth wah's bypass, and where do you guys normally use it in the chain?

I ask given the nice comments about its octaver function - typically octavers work better toward the beginning of the chain...I also need to decide whether to put this in a separate loop or not.

Thanks in advance,
    Jay

19. EddieG

EddieG

Jan 19, 2005
    Scotland
    I use mine at the very beginning of my effects chain, given that how hard you pluck the string affects how the pedal works. I've got it just before my compressor.

20. So how is the "tone-suck" for this pedal when bypassed. It has a nicely high input impedance, so that bodes well for buffering the input signal; however, I'd love to know if others notice much tonal difference when the pedal is bypassed.

How about in a loop that runs - BSW - Overdrive - normal Wah?

Thanks again,
    Jay