Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Standard Fender Ashtray on a Jazz Deluxe 5'er?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, May 24, 2005.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Does anyone know if the standard Fender ashtray (bridge cover) will fit over the bridge on my USA Jazz Deluxe 5'er? The bridge measures 3 and 5/8". Good price now on MF w/ free ship:

Ashtray

2. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    bump

Could anyone measure the inside dimensions of their jazz bass bridge cover? Thanks.

3. Jimmy P.

Jimmy P.

Apr 5, 2005
    Tokyo, Japan
    Here are the inside dimensions of my Jazz bridge cover:

length: 120mm X width: 100mm

Note the width tapers gradually - the 100mm figure is achieved 45mm from the end, while it is just 95mm when measured 25mm from the end.

4. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks - appreciate it

5. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Even at 95mm across it measures 3.74 inches (with presumed taper taken into account). That would seem to fit a 3.625 inch width bridge unless I'm missing something.

I think I'll wait for the definitive word from Fender even though they said it will be "1-2 weeks" to reply to my question. Geez!

6. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Fender does not make a bridge cover to fit the 5 string bass. We do have a pickup cover that fits. It is from the Marcus Miller V. The part number is 005-9134-000 MSRP $10.00. This can be ordered through any Fender parts dealer
    -----------------------------------------------------------

7. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    So i guess I'm back to square one. Maybe if I order one and try to fit and can get it to work, they can rename it the "5 String Lightfoot Bridge Cover" ;)