1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Standard Fender Precision - Made in Mexico - What are these worth on the used market?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jim C, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Jim C

Jim C Is that what you meant to play or is this jazz? Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    I have a number for P basses but picked up a used standard MIM the other day that was possessed. No amp around but it played beautifully and had a nice acoustic tone.
    It plays better than some of my 70's P's.
    What are these worth on the used market and does year of manufacture matter.
    FWIW, I didn't get the serial but it did not say "Made in Mexico" on the front of the head stock.

2. Vinnie Boombatz

Vinnie Boombatz

May 26, 2010
    Year of manufacturer has no real bearing on price, even though you will hear people say that this year is good, this year is bad, etc., it's all about the individual instrument. I've seen MIM Standards on the super low end go for $250, and $450 on the higher end, and $300-$400 being the average asking price used. I personally wouldn't pay more than $350 for a nice used MIM Standard.

3. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Bout tree fiddy.

Literally, this time.

4. mbasile

mbasile Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2015
    I usually shop around the $300 mark, with $350 being my limit. Year doesn’t matter, I’ve paid about the same for a 2004 in 2017, and a 2015 in 2016.