Standard Hoof Vs Cloven Hoof. Now with 100% more soundclips

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by blizward, Jan 9, 2016.

1. blizward

blizward

Feb 21, 2013
    Rennes - France
    Wanted to try my hand at recording and sharing clips here on Talkbass. I figured that comparing the two flavors of Earthquaker Devices Hoofs (Hooves?) could be useful.
    I've played a simple line with a pick and recorded it in a Boss looper to have a consistent example. The sound is straight from the bass to the soundcard. For each example, I dialed the volume so that it would be even between different settings.
    I hope you enjoy it and it proves useful.

The Standard Hoof
    For each sample, the tone and shift knobs are set to noon. The Fuzz amount is set to minimum, noon and then maximum

The Cloven Hoof
    For each sample, the tone and shift knobs are set to noon. The Fuzz amount is set to minimum, noon and then maximum

Standard Hoof Vs Cloven Hoof
    In each case I picked a setting that I find useful and that showcases the flexibility of the pedals.
    1. The fuzz set to max, I turned the tone and shift knob to minimum to obtain a woolly fuzz
    On the Standard:

On the Cloven:

2. The fuzz set to max again, I tilted the shift knob all the way up while keeping the tone at noon for a sccoped fuzz sound. I find that on bass, dialing the tone past noon is too trebly to be useful in most cases.
    On the Standard:

On the Cloven:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
    karla684 likes this.
  2. @blizward what would you say are the chances of getting these Soundcloud links working again? Seems like there could be a lot of good info here :)

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 27, 2022