Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Standard jazz cavity...is the new OBP-1 gonna fit?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Wilbyman, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    I have done a search and didn't see any clear answers. Some seem to suggest it might work. I'm curious. Maybe drilling for a side jack and putting on a 4-knob control plate would be the only solution. Any info?

2. maurilio

maurilio Musician - Owner at Mo's Shop - Tech at Nordstrand Supporting Member

May 25, 2003
    Studio City+Redlands, CA
    Endorsing artist: Nordstrand - Genzler Amplification - Sadowsky - Dunlops Strings - DR Strings
    Hey there,
    I did it on my old warmoth ('60 jazz copy). I fit (sp?) everything in the cavity (in a non very easy way!), but with only one battery. What I don't like is to have to unscrew the plate everytime you have to change the batt. So I routed for a dual batt. (18V) box in the back. BTW, IMO, I didn't notice any difference between 9V and 18V.
    You can keep the three knobs conf. with Vol/Vol(or blend)/sBT/Jack. The OBP1 unit is very small.
    Taka care Will.

Mo'

3. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    For whatever reason, the OBP-1 didn't quite fit in my bass, so I returned it and put my EMG pre back in. It almost fit, though.

4. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Thanks guys! I'll let you know.

5. maurilio

maurilio Musician - Owner at Mo's Shop - Tech at Nordstrand Supporting Member

May 25, 2003
    Studio City+Redlands, CA
    Endorsing artist: Nordstrand - Genzler Amplification - Sadowsky - Dunlops Strings - DR Strings
    Hey,
    did you get the old one? it used to be pretty big! The new one should fit in any bass! it so tiny....

'nice day

Mo'