1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Standard or Metric?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by graysunlight, Sep 24, 2008.

1. graysunlight

graysunlight

Jul 6, 2008
    Hey guys,
    I was looking at some Jazz Bass knobs on Warmoth.com (my current ones are knurled steel, and I'd like to be able to know what my controls are set to without resetting them to zero before readjusting them) for my Squier Vintage Modified 70's j-bass. And apparently the only knobs they have are metric.

So I was wondering if anyone knew if Squiers used metric pots? I searched and couldn't find anything that helped me out much. The reason I ask is that there is a simple adjustment to a standard split shaft pot so that metric knobs will fit (crimping the end slightly with a pair of pliers). However, if the pot is metric already I'm be kinda boned if I made that adjustment.

Thanks,
    John

2. So get the knobs and see before crimping anything.

3. kyral210

kyral210

Sep 14, 2007
    Manchester
    I think most guitar stuff is Imperial because the biggest companies are American.