1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Standard Precision-new MIM vs used Fujigen

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dietz, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Dietz

Dietz

Sep 3, 2012
    Portland, OR
    Similar price range, and I can't play either one. The Japanese one is described as "mint."

Seems like a matter of reputation vs warranty. What say you?

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Fujigen will be amazing. MIMs are great too; I find my favorite time period for them was the early 90s when the factory was first opened, though. If you play one in person and you like it, then you are all set. Japanese Fenders are great though. Probably will have a slightly different neck feel How exactly, I can't say for sure without seeing the specific Japanese one. In my experience, the Japanese ones have a slightly thicker neck finish than the newest MIMs.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 9, 2021