Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Standing in the shadows of motown

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by FreeSpirit, Feb 9, 2005.

1. i'm not sure if this has been asked before, but is there a cd that you could purchase that goes along to the book? I know there is one that you can buy for the dvd,, but is there one that has like all the songs that are in the book in their entirety? The little clips with the two cds i got are good for learning them, but i want to be able to hear the whole song and such.

kyle

2. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    my original book had the cassettes with it,I gave it to the kid down the block when he and his mom moved,he used to borrow it and he always brought it back.Anyway year before last I went to get a new one and it came with the 2 CD's.
    Inside the back cover of the book.

3. yeah, i have the one which came with the two cds, its just i was looking to see if anyone ever put out anything that had the songs in their entirety, like the original recordings, because on the cds which came with it, it onle has the instrumentlal and if its a short piece such as John Enstile*spelling* guy from The Who's piece of Ain't Too Proud To Beg, the track is only like not even 30 seconds long and you have to skip through all the talking.

4. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    I have the Motown box set 1959-1971 it has all those songs
    in it plus alot more,and a real cool book with all kinda pics from that era.found it at a used CD store for 30 bucks.It has 4 CD's.

5. thats exactly what i'm looking for, thanks alot for the help!

6. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    I looked at the box last night when I got home and it actually is called Hitsville 1959-1971. :)