standing in the shadows of motown

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by sloppysubs, Apr 27, 2003.

1. sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    if anyone hasnt already seen this film, do it. its awsome. its about teh fukbrothers and all teh stuff they did. and it has a good lot of focus on jamerson. so go check it out.
  2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I agree, I got the DVD last week and have been watching it. Good stuff.
  3. Its teh B0m83st Joo no what im saying about teh DVD dawg. TEH TEH TEH
  4. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Never heard of it...what's Motown?
  5. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

Haven't heard about that one!

brad cook
  6. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Mopved to Miscellanious since this is talking about a music related movie and NOT a bassist.
  7. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

As a documentary it's just pretty good, but the story it tells is overdue and the music is amazing. Plus you get to see a lot of Bob Babbitt layin' down the Jamerson P-bass groove, complete with the big Chunk'O'Foam under the strings near the bridge.
  8. Did anyone else notice this? Im suprised so many post have gone by without commenting on it.
  9. It's spelled "the", dude.
  10. BassAxe

Jul 22, 2002
    Culpeper, VA
    Oh, give me a break. :rolleyes:

Anyone can look at this sentance and see that "its" is a contraction for "it is" and should be "it's", not to mention the fact that the first letter of the first word in a sentance should be capitalized.

Seriously, though... I had a kickarse musical movie weekend. I watched Drumline followed by Standing in the Shadows of Motown.

I've had marching beats and electric ass fuk in my head all day.

Oops, I meant electric bass. That "b" key stuck for a moment. Seems to be a lot of that going around.
  11. BassAxe

Jul 22, 2002
    Culpeper, VA
    DigMe noticed.
  12. lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    I watched it last night for the first time. Great stuff! I learned a lot from watching it and I especially liked the fact that it was bass player friendly. From Pino playing the opening bass solo, to Bootsy and Me'shell singing, and Babbitt laying down that greasy P-bass groove. :cool: I also thought the conversation between Me'shell and Babbitt was great. It was very real and moving.

I'm gonna watch disc 2 later tonight.
  13. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

youse giys are ah teh wurst....