1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Stanley Clarke Alembic and LEDs - wud ya?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nipperooney, Aug 11, 2007.

1. nipperooney

nipperooney

Jul 5, 2007
    Hi

I've just bought a Stanley Sig (pending playing it) and I'd like it to have side LEDs but it doesn't. The guy I'm buying it from suggested I have some fitted by some bloke who charges approx £290 to retro fit them. He's supposedly got a great reputation and does a lot of work for Fender, or something like that.

My question is; wud ya? When I told a mate what I was thinking of doing he said, "What???. On a 3 grand bass!! You must be stupid".

What do you think 'Tacky' or 'classy'?

2. John Wentzien

John Wentzien

Jun 25, 2007
    Elberta, AL
    Artist:TC Electronic RH450 bass system (original test-pilot)
    Don't you DARE!

3. melt

melt

May 16, 2007
    If it's Martin Sims who's doing it shouldn't have any problem. He's retrofitted loads of them, and I've played an Alembic Signature he'd done. It was great. He's done LED retrofits for Billy Sheehan, Steve Vai, Stuart Zender and Hank Marvin (really!) amongst others. He also does the LEDs on Status and (I think) GB basses.

4. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    Tacky. But it's you're bass.....

5. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    Side LED's are a great help on a dark stage. I've got them on 3 basses including an Alembic and there is nothing tacky about them as you are the only one that can see them. This is the only company that I would have retro fit LED onto a bass

http://www.simscustom.com/