Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

STANLEY CLARKE!!!! AMAZING!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by corrosivemind5, Jul 2, 2004.

1. corrosivemind5

corrosivemind5

May 16, 2004
    last night i saw stanley clarke play with the rite of strings and i have to say it was the most amazing concert i have ever seen.....i had 1st row seats :D :D :D ......yeah well he was a freaking machine on the upright.....he was slapping on it!....
    ok well i'd like to hear other peoples comments on him if you have any.... :hyper:

Ben

2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Yep, he's amazing.. This should probably go in the "Bassists" forum though.

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Shouldn't it be Double Bassists...I thought "Rite of Strings" was an all-acoustic thing?

5. pin-drop

pin-drop

May 29, 2004
    did u see him at the montreal jazz fest, if so how did u get front row i went to buy tickets 2 weeks ago and they were sold out
    I talked briefly to wooten after his show in ottawa, and marcus miller is on sunday

6. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    You guys should just make me a moderator!! ;) :p

7. bizzaro

bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    Vermont
    I was 2nd row center :hyper: Three of the worlds finest musicians only a few feet away cutting it up. Can these cats get down!!!!! HOly $hit!!!! My jaw never left the floor. They were all just utterly amazing!!!! (JAZZ LOVERS) If Rite of Strings(AL Di Meola, Jean Luc Ponty, and Stanley Clark) are coming near you, don't miss it. Just sit back and enjoy the ride!!