Stanley Clarke and the movies

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by MikeyFingers, Feb 24, 2006.

1. I was flipping through the TV last night and usually when I channel surf, I go pretty fast. As the images flashed by on the screen, I caught a glimpse of a familiar name. It was the movie "BAPS" with Halley Barry and in the opening credits, I saw Stanley Clarke's name credited with the score for the movie.
    After a little research, I found out that he did the music for a few other movies too, including The Transporter (now I know why I loved that music so much). I was just wondering there were any other musicians who did this. Is it a regular thing for them to switch over to movie scores?
    Either way, I thought it was pretty cool.
  2. Marcus Miller has done the music for quite a few movies. He did Bommerang (Eddie Murphy), Above the Rim, The Ladies Man, and quite a few others. You can see them all at his website.
  3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Quincy Jones, Herbie Hancock... Stewart Copeland has done several scores.
  4. Brian S

Brian S

Nov 11, 2003
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Jimmy Page scored "Death Wish II".
  5. Marcus Miller also does the music for the show "Everybody hates Chris"
  6. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Stanley Clarke also did the score for Undercover Brother, a personal favorite.
  7. middlebit

Sep 10, 2005
    And for Passenger 57 too (I think that's what it's called). Not a very good film, and some corny music too...
    Herbie's score for Death Wish (saw the sequal mentioned above) is so cool!
  8. recently stan did the music for the movie Roll Bounce. BET Jazz even had a show called Masters of Music(or something like that) that talked about it. He said he got to funk out on alot of parts.
  9. orlfl

Jul 22, 2005
    Mark Knopfler did The Princess Bride, Wag the Dog and several others.
  10. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Just found out that Stanley also contributed to Pee Wee's Playhouse.