Stanley Clarke on 11/30/02?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Sheep Man, Nov 19, 2002.

1. Hmmm...
    I just found out that Stanley Clarke is going to play at the Key Club in West Hollywood on the 30th. many of you in the area are going to see him?
  2. rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    I just picked up tickets to see him this Sunday here in Portland... I really wanted to get to the Hollywood show, but it's month-end and all, :)D)... I'll post my impressions... and yeah, I'm pumped!

3. My parents want to go to San Diego with them over Thanksgiving weekend and all that, but I'm sure they woudn't mind if my bro & I came back for a night to see Stanley Clarke. :D
  4. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I have tickets to see stanley this saturday :p
  5. Och...

Do let me (us) know how good it is. :D:p
  6. I'm sure everyone in northern california already knows this but just in case...

Stanley Clarke...Yoshis,Oakland. December 4th through the 8th.
  7. rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    GO... do not miss this show. Great band, two FANTASTIC bassists, very laid back vibe. Stanley Clarke does things on the upright that are incredible... IMO anyway :) All the pyro-technics are jaw-dropping, but when he laid back and grooved... that's what I wanna be when I grow up!!!

8. :eek::eek::eek:
    I don't think I'm ever going to look at an upright the same way ever again...
    Heck, I don't think I'll ever look at an electric the same way ever again. It was an amazing show! A bunch of his friends & family were there cheering him on, too.

What can I say? He's my dad's age, and he's going crazy on an upright, not to mention what he does on his Alembic...

And Gerry Brown, egad!