1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Stanley Clarke Spellcaster Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Clark W, Feb 22, 2021.

1. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    Leiber has his claim on that legacy with Irwin and has had that same outlook for decades. I've read the backstory more than once and also have heard witnesses on both sides. But that said, I know he builds a really nice guitar in the Tiger & Wolf styles, of course no matter what Irwin will always be the 'name' in that discussion, though I'd also personally credit Alembic in there too.

2. rockscott

rockscott

Aug 28, 2010
    massachusetts
    I think its cool but i hate the reverse headstock, it just ruins it for me!

12BitSlab likes this.
  3. Tipthisband

Tipthisband

Apr 4, 2021
    I got delivery of SN #22. I have had a dozen or so Jazz and P basses, some customized and awesome. This Spellcaster bass exceeds them all hands down. CLEAN tone, lots of options. I can roll my bass eq on a GenzBenz 500 to 10 with zero distortion. Cuts thru the mix like nothing else. I had to back off my tone from the usual settings. I run it thru a Ross compressor, I can get any choppy sound or ring like a bell. Setup was perfect, no tweaking needed. My default is to replace factory strings with La Bella flatwounds. What ever roundwound strings that are on here are awesome. Great case included.

4. Clark W

Clark W Just Say No To Tort! Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2018
    No pics or it didn't happen! You know the rules:laugh:

Congrats on the new bass!

Oh in the case of pics, I really think video is called for in this case. That is one very unique bass.

5. Tipthisband

Tipthisband

Apr 4, 2021

Lame blues band but you can hear the bass a bit...

matthewwithanm likes this.
  6. Tipthisband

Tipthisband

Apr 4, 2021
    Post two pics

Attached Files:

7. Clark W

Clark W Just Say No To Tort! Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Having a problem loading the video, but I'm at the lake this weekend and the Internet speed is kind of lacking here, cel phone signal too.

Will watch it when I get home this evening.

8. Tipthisband

Tipthisband

Apr 4, 2021
    Cant tell much from a lame cell video...

9. gebass6

gebass6 We're not all trying to play the same music.

A Fender clone!
    That'll show that upstart Alembic who's boss!:rollno:

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 16, 2021