Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stanley Clarke this Sunday...

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by rllefebv, Nov 19, 2002.

1. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    at the Alladin in Portland... Can't wait! Anyone else catchin' this show??

-robert

2. But my wife and I saw him last December at Yoshi's in Oakand, CA.

Awesome show.

3. Chizzops

Chizzops

Oct 29, 2002
    Hell yeah! I'll be there! Only live a few blocks from the venue! Wierd to talk about local happenings on here! I'm hoping to record it with a minidisc!

4. I saw Stanley Clarke at the Roseland Theatre, here in Portland, about 8-9 years ago and it was one of the best concerts I've ever seen. I would love to see him again, especially at the Alladin Theatre which is a great concert venue(I've seen Victor Wooten there a couple of times), but my wife just gave birth to our son a few days ago so I have priorities. It's even on my birthday!:eek:

Oh well...:)

5. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Okay... this was a fantastic show!! A total thrill seeing Stanley Clarke do his thing, and Armand Sabal-Lecco just dropped my jaw to the floor!! Great band... The middle section, when Stanley pulled out the upright was great! 'Song for John', 'Confirmation', (I think), and 'North Africa'... Wow... The Alladin is a great venue, (although the balcony was closed which was a bummer!)... If you can catch this show in any other city, by all means, do it!

-robert

6. Chizzops

Chizzops

Oct 29, 2002
    Yes the show was the ****e!

Stanley's licks on his piccalo bass sounded tighter than ever I've heard on a recording. Man and the bass was killing me, bass drum too; wish i brought ear plugs but man!

They only played 1.5 hours, I was kinda bummed about that.

How bout that Violinist?

Hey were you sitting towards the from stage right with black shirt with a white bass clef on it?

7. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    No, but I saw that guy... wearing a white hat, wasn't he? I was sitting on the left side of the stage, directly in front of the sound board... Definitely louder than I expected for such a small place. Ear plugs are a must... Very nice when he broke out the acoustic... gave the spleen a bit of a break :D

I really liked how the band looked to be having so much fun... being in such a small place, it was great to see the interaction up close like that! Armand Sabal-Lecco had a big a$$ grin going the entire night... The violin player just killed! Wish I could remember her name!

I really dug the Alladin. I think that I'm gonna go back there on the 16th and catch Susan Tedeschi, (a personal favorite!)

-robert