1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

stanley DVDs???

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by ras1983, Apr 19, 2006.

1. ras1983

ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Anyone know of any stanley clarke DVD's? i'm trying to hunt them down, but there don't seem to be many. i already have the rite of strings DVD, but i'm looking for something that has stanley playing on his alembic.

2. Rapscallion2112

Rapscallion2112

Apr 21, 2004
    Detroit
    oh man! the guitar shop i take lessons at played some return to forever dvd a while ago...i'm still kinda kickin myself for not askin the manager for the title of that.....stanley was goin nuts

3. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    What about the "live at Montreaux 1994" dvd with Jean Luc Ponty and Al Di meola?

4. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    I've got one where he's playing upright with Chick Corea and Lenny White, it's good - not great. He rules that upright though and makes it look small too.

5. ras1983

ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    i already own that one, its the rite of strings dvd i referred to. great dvd, but i want to watch him playing his alembic.

6. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    If you pick up 'The Old Grey Whistle Test, vol.2' DVD, there's a Stanley Clarke/George Duke performance of 'School Days'.

Apart from that, I don't think there's any commercially-available footage of Stanley on electric, although there are a few bootlegs available in trading circles.

You'll enjoy this videoclip (Stanley and Steve Gadd jamming on 'Hot Fun'):

7. Burg

Burg

Nov 29, 2001
    U.K.
    Hey David,

was just wandering what effect Stanley's using on that clip you linked to. It sounds familiar but I can't put my finger on what it is exactly.

Ta