Star Spangled Ice Cream

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by lo-end, Jun 9, 2003.

1. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001

Heh. I wouldn't exactly call Ben & Jerry's "wacko," "left wing" or "ashamed of America." After all, they did sell out to Unilever in 2000...
  2. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Star Spangled Ice Cream = :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    You got to admit though, the ben and jerry's guys are not the smartest guys in the political world...
  4. Ben & Jerry's make some bitchin' ice-cream thats for sure...weird flavors,but they taste good.

Oh,and I think the SS Ice Cream is a bit...stupid.

everyone's relating everything to politics now:rolleyes:
  5. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    Mike, please don't turn this into a political debate. This thread is about novelty ice cream, not your agenda. And just because someone has a difference in opinion on how this country should be run doesn't mean they aren't as smart as you.

That's all.
  6. true....Political posts are prohibited here...
  7. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    cherry garcia = tasty!!

phish phood (i think that's they way they spell it) = very, tasty!!!
  8. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    And that is all that matters.
    who cares about their political orientation.

I love Ice Cream, but would be ashamed to eat something just because it was pro-america, and not because it tasted good.
  9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    The fact that they are RICH from selling ICE CREAM, proves at least to a degree that these are some intelligent guys. Regardless of anything else.
  10. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    That's why I think it's stupid that they're mail-order only. It makes the customers buy their product solely because of the political message it conveys. Ben & Jerry's is sold in ordinary supermarkets and conveinence stores, not to mention they don't have taglines such as "George W. is an idiot flavor" or something like that. Instead, they have a more subtle approach like using unbleached cardboard in their containers. Wackos indeed.
  11. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Well...have you ever had a VERMONSTER? that's pretty whacko :p
  12. Due to school pride, I just have to throw in the fact that they got their start from Penn State. They took correspondence courses.

PSU, home of Joe Paterno and uh, ice cream.
  13. AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    It'll never catch on. I'd like to Paraphrase that dude from Politically Incorrect:
    you missed the point! Hippie Ice Cream is fun because you eat it while stoned!

I've never thought of Ben & Jerry's as left-winged ice cream. I've thought of it as just good clean, fattening fun.
  14. HEY LOOK!
  15. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    It may never catch on, but It might become a valuable collectors item 50 years from now.
  16. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Oh no! America is melting :(
  17. I can actually understand some people not wanting to support a product if they use profits to support a cause. I recall some groups encouraging people not to eat Domino's Pizza because its owner (who has since left the company) contributed to anti-abortion funds.

So, if Ben & Jerry are using it to support ultra-liberal causes, then not eating it a reasonable action.
  18. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    bah! it's all about sel satisfication, if it tastes it!

:D :p
  19. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    You don't know that, and yet you posted this anyway. Right now they're featured at the "Scooper Bowl", an event that raises money for the Jimmy Fund.

Besides, the company that owns them now, Unilever, tests some of their products on animals. If they were truly ultra-liberal, they would have never sold out to a company that supports animal testing. Think about it.
  20. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Has anyone actually gone to that site? This has to be a joke...did you see the flavors?

I hate the french vanilla

Iraqi road

Smaller governmint

Nutty environmentalist

But wait...there are more:

These flavors are not yet available!
    Cowardly German Chocolate
    Irrelevant Belgian Chocolate
    Dutch (Reagan) Chocolate
    Donald Rum Raisin
    US Army Tank Crunch
    US Navy Battle-Chip
    US Air Force Over-The-Rainbow Sherbet
    US Marine Tough Cookies & Cream
    School Prayerleens & Crème
    Gun Nut

Clinton Im-Peach
    White House Fundraiser Coffee
    Peanut Malaise

KerryBerry (ketchup-flavored ice cream) - the public just won't buy it!