Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Star Trek: Nemesis

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by neptoon, Sep 21, 2002.

1. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    Star Trek X baby! woohoo! this is the bomb diggity...i can hardly contain myself! hee hee what do you guys think? apparently those darn romulans want peace or something. remember the episode with admiral jherock? something tells me they're up to something again.......woooo

2. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    No, the romulans, up to something? No way! :rolleyes: I KNOW this one is gonna be good (er, well, IT BETTER BE!) just can't wait, I can get in on the night before opening night here (I know a friend who works in the theater!)...Will post later.....

3. Insurrection was good, but i still think 1-6 are gonna be the best ones (with the exception of number 5, and 3..)

4. Nemesis looks Freakin Awesome! I can't wait to see it. But I think I'm gonna go see Red Dragon first.

5. It weird, but the even numbered movies are good:

Star Trek the Motion Picture: sucked hardcore. I refuse to go into it further.

Star Trek II; The Wrath of Khan: bad-ass, plus a big plastic chest.:D

Star Trek III; the Search for Spock: Bore-ing!!:rolleyes:

Star Trek IV; The Voyage Home: Lots of action, funny, plus time travel. Always a winner.

Star Trek V; ???: Not very good, with Spock's half brother, some funky mystiscism, and it didn't fit with the other movies. I don't even remember the movie's name.

Star Trek VI; The Undiscovered Country: VERY good, good action, good plot, with good actors

Star Trek Generations: Not bad, but seemed kinda forced. The Nexus thing was a good idea, but the way they carried it out wasn't very good.

Star Trek; First Contact: Also VERY cool. Time travel again, and the guy who played Zefram Cochrane was very good.

Star Trek; Insurrection: Action not quite as good, plus the whole "Growing younger" bit was done in an earlier episode and the couldn't pull it off then.

I have VERY high hopes for this one. Plus it looks like they might have a large space-fight sequence with many ships, which ALWAYS brings a movie up in IMHO.

Rock on
    Eric

6. Picard actually gets some in the movie!

7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
  8. he actually gets a chick i believe. atleast i think that was picard...

9. Lets just pray there are no Ferengi in this one...

...bastards...

10. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

:eek:

it's about time...though, it was implied in a couple of the episodes that he got some. nothing like riker, of course. what a pimp. but they'll never top ol' cap'n kirk. :D

11. no offense to you dudes ... i dont like star trek at all
    i could've liked it if i didnt fall asleep everytime i try to watch .. i prefer star wars
    and uhh .. isnt picard gay ?
    i like that klingon freak-of-nature-dude ...whass his name??
    well just post anything about the movie like a poll with ratings
    anyway have fun watching

12. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    :rolleyes:

thanks vulcan...no, picard is not gay....the klingon is worf...b'bye now

13. jo neptoon dude dont get mad i said no offense man
    and thanks about telling me his name

ciao now and dont be angry at me ok?

14. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Maybe Vulcan is thinking of Sir Ian McKellen, who is gay and played Magneto opposite Patrick Stewart in the role of Professor X in the X-Men movie.

Yes, that must be it.;)

Man, I think the TNG crew got old for me much faster than the TOS crew did*

* TNG = The Next Generation
    TOS = The Original Series

15. olps

olps

Nov 12, 2001
    Canada
    If you didn't mean to offend any one, then why did you say that stuff about the movie? ... oh yeah, because you said "no offence" it's alright?

I'm really looking forward to this one. The special effects look great!

16. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    hey, no biggy, man...i'm not mad. if i were mad, there wouldn't have been a little smiley in there. that's talkbass sarcasm for ya.

i still love the star trek tng crew...they're my fave group, but i really liked dsn when worf transferred over. and the nx-01 is my favorite rendition of the enterprise. sweet ship! r0x0rZz.....

17. I am a treker which means I like all of the star trek series, except the last few seasons of DS9 they started it.

I have seen the previews for Nemesis and it does look like it is going to be good. Insurection was ok but the story anad the plot could have been a little better. The only things that made it worth watching where the parts with data cause he added a bit of comedy to it.

18. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    If the trend of every other ST movie being good holds, this one should be great.

BTW I heard that the Voyager crew was also gonna make an appearance... truth or BS?

19. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

So why choose a user name that is famous from Star Trek - Mr. Spock's home planet!! :confused:

Seriously - everybody is going to think that by calling yourself "Vulcan", you are a complete Trekkie Nerd!! ;)

20. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    TNG was the last ST series I followed on tv. After that, DS9 and Voyager.. well, they are just boring. I switched to B5 when Voyager started to show :D

Anyways, on the movies, I don't think I've seen _excellent_ ST to date :eek: In general I have liked the movies though, but they have always felt to me like extra long episodes from the series. Last one I saw was the original movie.. perhaps I should rent Wrath of Khan or Voyage Home, then? :confused: