1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Star Wars - December 15th

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fingerguy, Dec 4, 2017.

1. A...move theater? Oh, they have nice seats and whatnot. Very good.

I'll go with my kids opening night. We live in a small enough burg that we'll just need to wait in line. I'll still probably buy online though because Murphy's law.

SPOLIERS: I just hope Captain Kirk fixes the Tardis in time to rescue Gandalf from the Cylons.

Oddly, Justinvs and HaphAsSard like this.
  2. Lucky you. My grandson is 16, so I shouldn't have to worry about Spongebob.

3. fingerguy

fingerguy Inactive

Aug 2, 2016
    CT
    Not a fan of Star Trek so you didn't spoil anything for me.

4. My spelling was atrocious in my post. "Move" theater? "SPOLIERS"?

Star Trek is that show where they search space for the hottest new talent.

ed-mcmahon-on-star-search-cbs-usa-from-1983-2004_5659116-400x305.jpeg

5. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

I want to see it before my grandson does. Otherwise he will blab and spoil the plot.

shadowtippy likes this.
  6. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    As is our tradition, the 11pm show on Xmas Eve.

blue4 likes this.
  7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I'm afraid to watch it and see another one of my favorite characters die.
    I lost it when they killed Han Solo.
    If anyone kills off Chewbacca, I swear I'll fly to Tatooine and choke the directors.

-Mike

Oddly and Aberdumbie like this.
  8. Well, I can tell you right now that Leia won’t be in the next movie. :(

9. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Saw it yesterday. Meh. Can someone explain to me why the first order fleet couldn't move closer to the rebel ship? The whole movie they're firing from just far away enough for the weapons to hit the rebel shields and slowly drain them but not get through (since when do star wars ships have shields?) And that's the whole movie. The rebel ship is over there and the bad guys are over there and they're not moving. The rebels were low on fuel but why were the bad guys ships just sitting there? Did I miss the part that explained that?

10. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Not bad, but there were several discontinuities and holes. I'm assuming the explanation for the first order fleet is that they're all basically maxing out their sub-light engines and plodding along - but yeah, didn't make much sense. Several unexplained discontinuities in Rey's physical location too. But all in all, kept my attention away from reality for the desired amount of time, so :thumbsup: by me.

11. Febs

Febs Supporting Member

May 7, 2007
    Philadelphia, PA
    I saw it last night. I liked it well enough.

It was the first time we tried one of those theaters where they serve you dinner at your seat. There was a little red button on my seat. I pushed it, and someone came and brought me a fresh beer. Brilliant.

bholder likes this.
  12. bholder

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    What I want is a little red button to eject those talkers and cell phone users....

Oddly likes this.
  13. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    In the beginning with the one bomber that made it through and the girl is in there trying to get the remote.....she's in the bomb compartment area right? And beneath her is the opening. Was that just open to space? Was there a one way force field? I know it's not sci fi, it's a space opera, but there were a whole lot of sci fi holes.

14. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I don't think it was a slow chase. I think the rebel ship wasn't moving. I could be wrong. They had just enough power for a few hours of shields and the distance of the enemy was the only reason they weren't being blown away, but why wasn't the enemy moving towards them? There were like 6 of those giant triangle ships and Snoke's even gianter one.

15. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    According to the goofs on imdb, which anyone can add, they're calling the whole thing a slow chase. But I don't remember when they established that as opposed to a stand off at a fixed distance. I don't know. The theater was jam packed and I saw it in 3d because the regular was sold out, so maybe I missed it.

16. bholder

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Also perhaps relevant to the "how did they track us through lightspeed" question, especially when applied to the question of where they purchased the "cloaked" homing transmitter...

Mushroo likes this.
  17. Yeah, noticed that too. Oh well, I forgave Star Wars (and Star Trek, too) years ago for their gaffes. After all, what would a space battle be without really cool sound effects, impossible acceleration/deceleration and vacuum conditions... Oh yeah, it would be like reality. ;)

18. Did anyone else think the tracking device looked suspiciously like the flux capacitor from Back to the Future? If I see anybody driving a DeLorean in the next movie, I'm out!

Actually, I enjoyed the movie. Thought it was much stronger than TFA. Both my kids and I kind of got teary at the end. My wife just rolled her eyes and called us nerds.

19. It would have made more sense to have Kylo tracking them via the force connection with, you know, his mother.

Mushroo likes this.
  20. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Those horse things with human faces were creepy.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 13, 2021