Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Star Wars Galaxies... any other players?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Oct 23, 2004.

1. I just got onto SWG, and was wondering if there are any other players? I forget my name right now... but I'm on Tattoonie on Kauri server, short little bothan who is training to become a smuggler!

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey dude, i've been playing since launch. you should start a wookiee on lowca, we have a wookiee guild and everything.

i'm one skill box away from jedi :cool:

3. nice!

I dunno, I'm pretty committed to my bothine right now...

4. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    heh, that's cool. have fun :)

5. you planning to get JtL? I want to get it, but I have no money.

6. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    oh, heck yeah. i've been a part of the beta for a while. it's really amazing.

7. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    if you ever do decide to play a character on lowca, send me a pm, and i'll get you set up. :cool:

8. Wewt. I try to connect on Kauri, but I always wait awhile, like 5 minutes, and then get sent back to the character screen... :(

9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I was really excited for SWG, but After playing the beta, I lost all interest. I hear it's gotten really good since then, but I dunno, I'm not willing to commit to a MMOG right now. Even though World of Warcraft is coming soon, and I have about 6 friends that want to form a clan(clan ramrod) so I'll probably be sort of brought into playing that game whether I want to or not.

That said, I heard that there was a massive protest on SWG recently. Apparently, There was a hack going around to get duplicate money, well, SOE didn't approve so they banned everybody with the money, including people that had been given the money(such as dancers or musicians that got tipped) So, in response to that, like a thousand players got together in one of the major cities and "protested", SOE again broke this up by transporting people to random parts of the game world.

I don't know how it resolved, or what the status is now, but I thought that was a pretty funny/sad/interesting story.

10. Hahaha.... it's like the "man" busting up a bunch of union organizers or something, but in computer-game reality.. LOL.
    I wanted to get Star Wars Galaxies but I heard it had some serious issues and wasn't that great. Maybe I'll give it a shot now that they have it together, finally.

11. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    that's not really the story of what happened. they banned everyone who participated in the dupe, and folks were allowed to appeal the ruling and get personal consideration from customer service.

as far as the protest was concerned, it was severely hampering the game play and was in direct violation of the eula. the servers were grinding to a halt, and it wasn't about the credit dupe anyway, it was about some in game issues.

as for the game itself, it has improved immensely in the past year and a quarter since beta. i started playing last year on july 3, and it's hardly recognizable now compared to back then. the jtl addon is going to be very cool too - it reminded me of wing commander (the space combat was twitch based, not combat queue based, so it was a lot more exciting than that ground game in that respect).

i'll be the stylin' wookiee with the corellian yt1300. (same ship as the millenium falcon). :cool:

12. You know john... I MIGHT JUST make a new character...

13. I played when It first came out. I would consider starting again but I'm playing FF11 right now. Even though I'm sick of being a healer ...

14. A wookie jedi?!

15. bassjamn

bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    I played SWG a bit when it came out, could not get past all the bugs. Even tho it does sound like they've added a lot...I am havin fun in City of heroes :bassist:

16. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    booyah. with a double lightsaber (ala darth maul), no less :cool: :cool: :hyper:

17. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    let me know if you do on lowca :D

18. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Yay for us SWG geeks! I've been playing since launch on the shadowfire server and love every second of it! I preordered JTL just the other day. I'm pretty excited about it. I didn't try to get into beta, although I kind of wish I had now. I know several people who are having a blast with it. However, with the NDA now lifted all of my questions have been answered :D

Oh and John, were you a holo grinder when that first started or did you just start the Jedi grind once the village started?

19. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    That's my goal in JTL. I'd like to have a yt1300. Have you mastered privateer? Is it a hard climb?

20. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i spent the first 3 months playing working on bh, finally mastered it just as they started making it easier lol, then stayed an mbh until about january. ground out 17 more profs, ended up sticking with tkm/master fence/pist 0040/nov medic.

i just now finished up my village grind. i got 4 unlocks, but my first mission was one of those unlocks :rolleyes: so i did 3 village missions total