Star Wars or Lord of the Rings?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by FiveStringsNme, Aug 23, 2003.

1. Star Wars, man!

18 vote(s)
  2. Lord of the Rings, dude!

37 vote(s)
  3. I seriouly can't decide!!!!!

12 vote(s)
  1. Which do you prefer? Star Wars or Lord of the Rings?
  2. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    I can't decide.

Honestly, movie-wise, the Lord of the Rings is a lot better, but I think actualy world-wise, I prefer Star Wars.

The Star Wars Galaxy is huuuuuuuuuge and has billions of places to go and do stuff in.

Middle Earth is just... well, Middle Earth :D

I think Lord of the Rings is a better movie series, but the Star Wars universe is more enjoyable. (If only they hadn't made the prequels so bad :p)
  3. I've always been a huge fan of medieval weaponry, and the medieval fantasy worlds, so seeing Lord of the Rings the way it was pulled off..I was in serious awe it looked like a real friggin' beautiful medieval world. I like star wars cuz its like futuristic yet it retains the medieval chivalry as well asn sword fights..

I love Lord of the Rings a lot more because you can tell that the story had someone's lifetime devotion in it. Tolkien put so much into that story line, as much as a loving mother would put into raising their child into being a beautiful person.

As for the movie...the cast is so perfect....they look like the way the characters were described, and not only that, they're really talented.

and personally my favorite character is Legolas!!!He is the coolest fighter!
  4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Why isn't this a multiple choice poll :confused: :p
  5. Wow. That is a very hard one. The classic of star-wars, or the fact that L.O.R. was written WAY before star wars. I would have to say L.O.R., because both movies so far kicked MAJOR ASS!!!
  6. yea man.......The Two Towers was one of those movies that I actually felt really sad about when it ended cuz it had to come to an end..and I rarely feel like that with a movie, they're usually one-night stands for me.

lol....if you're that uncertain there's always the 3rd option...but yea it is a tough choice!
  7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    As much as I love LotR, and I seriously couldn't really decide, I had to vote star wars because I will always be a star wars geek, and even though I love LotR I'll never be a LotR geek.
  8. Well, I spent alot time thinking about this, and i didn't reach a decision. It's like asking me to choose between my children
  9. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Story-wise, it would be LoTR for me, and "if it could be real life it would be cool" factor goes to star wars.
  10. I know where you're coming from...I feel like I betrayed Star Wars when the Lord of the Rings movies came out...but I can't resist...the whole fantasy medieval stories have always been a personal favorite and just seeing someone trying to put Tolkien's world into a format where we can all see what he saw.
  11. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    easy, LoTR (because i never got into the SW hype and i have never seen a full SW movie :/ )
  12. Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    I've been a star wars guy for a longer time than a LOTR guy, but both are sweeeeeet.

oh, and Legolas is a little elf ninny B**** compared to Gimli! Now there's a character! :D ;)
  13. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Like, you just can't beat the likes of "but I was going to go to the tochi station to pick up some power converters"

spare me your wizards and wyrms, LotR got nothing on mark hamill.

although......go viggo! :p
  14. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Star of the wars?

Frodo-fet...Jabba the hobbit?:confused:

Put them both together....Yea thats my movie!:p
  15. or a medieval star wars!

I read about that actually.this whole thing Lucas was talking about how his story is very flexible and that it could've taken place in medieval times and still have such a powerful storyline......that'd have been interesting too.
  16. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    That's It, I'm writing to george! he has to make a movie like that!!:D
  17. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    Lord of the Bling!

nuff said!
  18. i concur 100%

the only thing i dont agree with is the prequel bit, i like episodes 1 and 2 and look foward to 3. but then again i enjoy 95% of the movies i see, so a movie critic i am not :)
  19. I really cant decide there both great..cant wait till the last LOTR and SW comes excited now :)
  20. oh hell's like see Aragon become king and also see Anakin become Darth.........OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the suspense!