1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by OldDog52, Dec 19, 2019.

1. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    I never actually learned to play very well
    It’s here. Is everyone excited?

jugglingfreak likes this.
  2. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    not really. i AM enjoying the mandalorian, however.

Farseer, DWBass and akrachanko like this.
  3. mapleglo

mapleglo Gold Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2013
    phoenix, az
    Looking forward to it.

4. JKos

JKos Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Torrance, CA
    Seeing it at 6 pm tonight. I've heard and read so much negative about it that it's hard to be excited.

Definitely!

- John

5. OldDog52

Jan 1, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    I just finished reading a review that makes a good case for The Mandalorian being far better than this movie.

slobake likes this.
  6. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    Don't believe what you read, go see it for yourself and make up your own mind

7. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I'll see it in about a week or so. There aren't enough options for non 3D around me. I hate Star Wars but I'll still watch it so I can come back here and complain.

Qlanq, Funky Ghost, JimK and 6 others like this.
  8. Scottgun

Scottgun

Jan 24, 2004
    South Carolina
    The family is dragging me to it, but I like being with them even if I couldn't care less about the film.

9. Oddly

Oddly

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Going in about 4 hours...and yes, I am looking forward to it.
    Been a fan since the first one, not rabidly so, but have always enjoyed them, despite various failings. (Jar Jar, looking at you.)
    As for reviewers, I prefer to make up my own mind ... Them as can, do. Them as can't, review.

About the Mandalorian, as soon as Disney+ is available in Ireland, I'll be getting it, and that's one reason.

McFarlin and FilterFunk like this.
  10. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    in my personal opinion, the mandalorian is better (except maybe for the 4th episode) than the force awakens and rogue one, although they had their moments, and better than revenge of the sith and the last movie.

11. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    The only thing that interests me is how Palpatine is in it. I've been hearing time travel and alternate dimensions but I doubt it'll be anything that interesting. As far as I'm concerned he's the most entertaining character in the whole cannon.

12. OldDog52

Jan 1, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    I’ve seen all the previous movies but I can’t for the life of me recall who or what Palpatine is. I mean I know I saw the movies but nothing stuck with me after the first trilogy. I’m sure it’s me. Don’t bother explaining it for me, it still won’t stick.

13. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    The emperor from the original trilogy and prequels.

Dominic DeCosa likes this.
  14. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    palpatine was one of the reasons i liked the phantom menace and to lesser degrees the two following movies and jar jar notwithstanding - because for decades, we heard about the evil emperor and saw his over-the-top cackling evil. but i liked seeing his plots and planning as he worked up to becoming emperor.

Downunderwonder likes this.
  15. OldDog52

Jan 1, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    Oh. Well in that case I’m seriously embarrassed. I didn’t know he had a name. Proof that I have no business commenting on this movie franchise any more.

DrMole, JimK, Jeff Scott and 2 others like this.
  16. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I just read the plot summery on Wikipedia. I'm moderately more interested now.

17. bass4more

bass4more Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Oakland, CA
    I will definitely see it the theater but I don’t have high hopes.

TinIndian likes this.
  18. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I recommend reading the wiki page if you don't care about spoilers. It's pretty in depth.

19. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I don't think they named him till the prequels, so not remembering that is easily forgiveable.

Downunderwonder, OldDog52 and JKos like this.
  20. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    The world needs more of this kind of honesty!:thumbsup:

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 11, 2021