Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Star Wars TV Series

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by LajoieT, Sep 28, 2004.

1. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    :cool:

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    so does the DVD set have the old unedited movies?

Anyway. I hope it doesn't suck.

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Everyone better watch it the first time because the reruns and syndication runs will be newly remastered and edited!

:p

brad cook

4. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts

Nope, Just the Newly remasterd remaster of the old remastered version of the one with the updated visual effects.

5. This sounds like a really bad idea.

6. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    MOD: THEN WHY SHOW THE LINK ?

Sums it up perfectly.

WARNING, MAY CONTAIN SOME BAD LANGUAGE! STEAR CLEAR IF YOU HAVE VIRGIN EARS! (or eyes in this case).

7. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

what about those silly mistakes? did they take them off or leave them?

8. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    So if it's been remaster so many times, what's on it? I'd hate to buy this crap and see 'Sex in the City' or 'Cheers' on the screen. Antually, Cheers wouldn't be to bad if they were the ones with Coach.

9. It'll probably suck, just like most TV series derived from movies (Star Gate comes to mind first, but there are others). And this comes from a big Star Wars fan.

I hate to see great movies turned into crappy TV shows made by some greedy, scummy producer.

10. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    My thoughts exactly. Of course, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, i.e. the "three episode" test. I just hope it doesn't take place on Planet Corn !

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Stargate? Well when the movie already sucks you're starting out behind to begin with.

I agree though...unless they pour some major cash into this and really make some movie-quality tv episodes it will probably suck.

brad cook

12. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    :spit:

We call this "getting more skins off of a fox"... They just make a couple of sequels to cash in a bit more.

It will suck. Bad.
    Episode 1 sucked also. So much so that I got disgusted in the whole Star Wars crap :spit:

13. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    :smug:

Yeah, kinda hat will happen :D

14. Maybe that movie wasn't that great, but it was still way better than the ultra-crappy series.

Same thing with Nikita. The original French version was great, then Hollywood felt the need to remake it ( :rolleyes: ), now the ultra-crappy TV series... :scowl:

15. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Ain't that the truth...on both counts.

brad cook

16. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    For those who have the new DVDs..

Did they take the lame "modded Greedo & Han in the cantina scene" out and put the original back in??

17. sadly no :( it pissed me off.

Also at the end of Return of the Jedi. When they have Anikan Yado, and Obi in ghost form... they took out the older anikan and put in HAYDEN!!!! BOOOOO!!!!!
    WHY GEORGE! WHY!!! :scowl: :mad: :( :rollno:

18. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    they modified it, now instead of greedo shooting first, they shoot at almost the same time(greedo is like 2 frames before han) they also redid the explosion and blaster effects, as well as the sound, giving the whole shot a certain urgency that makes it blend better, additionally they fixed hans movement a bit so he looks less unnatural

19. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    George really blew it IMO with the new series... I hated that he relied so much on the FX to tell the story... And then along comes Peter Jackson who hands his ass to him with the LotRs trilogy!!!