1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Starfire Semi-Hollow 5-String (no, not the Good Starfire..)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by peterkidd, Apr 25, 2010.

1. peterkidd

peterkidd

Oct 20, 2008
    Shirley, MA
    Heyas.

This is a Starfire Semi-Hollow Body 5-String Bass. Stress the Semi-Hollow, as my back was hurting a while ago and thought it would be light. It ain't, around 10-11 pounds on my bathroom scale. It has a 35" scale length.

A remarkably deep, thumpy tone. No hi-fi slap here (but feel free to prove me wrong, as it's all in the fingers, eh?). I replaced the generic knobs w/ some Gibson style ones, added a lead/rhythm ring and replaced the coarse white pick-guard w/ a custom b/w/b/w/b one.

Did I mention it's pretty heavy?

It's from China. The wiring and electronics (cheap) function (cheap), but If I were to gig steady w/ this, I'd consider it a fine modding platform. And replace most everything.

Some chips on one of the pickup routes( pictured), the front ferrules are not things of beauty, the neck, not a slugger, straight, but not thin.

But used it on a couple gigs, cut through surprisingly well.

No Case.

And it's Not light.

175.00, shipped extra-careful to the Continental USA

pickupdetailstar.

fullfrontstar.

fullbackstar.

frontbodystar.

bodydetailstar.

2. peterkidd

peterkidd

Oct 20, 2008
    Shirley, MA