1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Stargazer bridge trouble

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by The_Phoenician, Nov 9, 2013.

1. I have a Schecter Stargazer with the stock bridge, a Schecter Custom String Thru. Right now, the saddles for the G, D, and A strings are propped up on little pegs at the front above the bridge itself, but the E saddle is flat against the bridge. I think the action is better on the E string, so how do I lower the other saddles so that they'll be flat against the bridge as well? I tried looking, but I can't find any posts on this specific problem.

2. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    It's not a problem, it needs a basic set-up and, from the sound of things, I'm of the impression you've not done many. You will need a set of hex keys to adjust the individual bridge saddle heights. Arbitrarily setting each saddle so it's "on the deck" is probably not a good idea. I strongly suggest you review the set-up stickies listed at the top of the sub-forum page.

We are here to help.

Riis