Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Starp lock for Cirrus

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hyoshim, Feb 27, 2006.

1. hyoshim

hyoshim Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Which brand of strap lock is best fit for Cirrus? I don't want to mess things up while I'm trying to make improvement.

Thanks,

Hyo

2. barthanatos

barthanatos Insert witty comment here

Feb 8, 2006
    South Carolina
    Mine came stock with the "Dunlop Straplok"

3. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Also what I use.

4. skoti89

skoti89

Feb 23, 2006
    Chico, Ca
    Hey. guys i need some help. I dont know how to post my own forum, i go some questions about amps, and jazz bass setups

5. skoti89

skoti89

Feb 23, 2006
    Chico, Ca
    Hey, I dont mean to bother you, but I don't know how to post forums. Can you help? I just see you frequently on some postings. thanks

6. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    There is a thread called Newbie Links at the top of this forum. It has everything you need to know about this.

7. Starp lock

is that some new STD?

8. hyoshim

May 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    :D Well, couple of letters switched their places without me knowing about it... I meant to write Strap Lock.

Thanks for the reply!

Hyo

9. vision

vision It's all about the groove! Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    It should already have the Dunlop's installed, just get the Dunlop strap locks for your strap.

10. hyoshim

May 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Man... I'm so dumb.

Thanks, I just checked my Cirrus and yes it has starp lock already installed. What was I thinking!! :hyper:

Hyo

11. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    I've used to buy Dunlops because I kept wearing them out. I broke down and bought Schallers once...ONCE.
    These things are bulletproof and every bass I ever buy gets Schaller strap locks.

12. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    OTOH I have some basses more than 20 years old with the same Dunlops they came with, working perfectly. I can't seem to wear them out. Plus my Elricks, MTD, Fodera and Bone Avatar all came with Dunlops standard from the luthiers.

13. a00nick

a00nick

Dec 28, 2005
    Chapel Hill, NC
    My bass has some 1 dollar strap locks on them. Now THOSE are some quality strap locks. I saw them just sitting on the couter so i thought i would try em out. Ive had them for a couple months and they havent broken yet, so i figure it was money well spent