1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

StarSun basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by r6mile, Apr 5, 2006.

1. EricTheEZ1

EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    Looks cheap. A bass from www.rondomusic.com would be a better bet. Some cheap basses are rather good for the money...and some straight up suck. If you're doing a blind buy than you're really rolling the dice.

-Eric.

2. BassChuck

BassChuck Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    With a 867mm scale you could put it in your back pocket. What is that about 9 inches? What this a custom order for the Spinal Tap Bass player?

3. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    I don't know how big the millimeters are in Cincinnati, ;) but in the rest of the world 867mm equals 34.13 inches-- just a bit longer than Fender standard.

4. BassChuck

BassChuck Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    Oh poop. I've got to stop posting before my morning coffee.

I guess this means my only value to NASA would be if they want to start a band.

And way, the millimeters are the same size in Cincinnati as elsewhere.. its our clocks that are a little different. Mark Twain claimed that we are about 50 year behind the times (and that he would live longer because of it) that is probably closer to the truth than any comment about measurements.

sorry.

5. gambit0714

gambit0714

May 19, 2004
    Suffolk, VA
    Sorta looks like a johnson bass.:eyebrow:

6. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    Reminds me of a Rogue. I dunno, I don't trust it. I'd g for an SX or Brice like Eric said

7. Eilif

Eilif Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    Holy crap! A bass with LED's for 200 bucks pluss shipping!

http://www.starsunguitars.com/Starsun electric bass RSB-10.htm

Even if the instrument is not great, it's a fair price for such a great stage bass.

This website throws arround brand names like nothing. I think it is likely that they are going to get a cease and desist letter soon.