Starter Rig

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CandyAppleASAT, Aug 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. CandyAppleASAT

CandyAppleASAT

Aug 18, 2018
    Hi you may remember be from such posts as, I'm a guitar player but I know the Jacco only needed 4 strings. But ironically I come to you with a real post that may be fun.

I was asked by a friend of mine to play bass in a band of his. So I need advice. I am going to be buying a Fender Rumble 500 head from my friend, who is the bass player in the band I play guitar in. But I was thinking I'm either going to go for a P Bass or a J Bass. I might look in to something like a Mustang Bass I want something that is nice to go to from a guitar. Not sure on the Cab, probably something cheap and used from local stores I will be trolling. Also how necessary is it to have a compressor. I all ready have a decent pedal board from my guitar playing. Any way thanks my dudes!

Garret Graves likes this.
  2. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    if the rumble 500 works perfectly, it's a good head, but it can only sound as good as your cab, so even if you go cheap, make sure the cab is capable of sounding good to you.

i love my mustang. if you're looking for something that sounds great, looks like a smaller P bass and has a 30" instead of a 34" scale, i highly recommend it. if you want to go even shorter scale, the ibanez mikro bass has a 28.6" scale.

i have played bass since 1994 without a compressor.

Garret Graves and CandyAppleASAT like this.