1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

starting a Fender family

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xcental34x, Aug 15, 2004.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Well, I did something I shouldn't today. I put some money down on a new Standard P-bass in Natural. For the longest tiem I've wanted a natural/rosewood, and to add a Basslines SPB-3 and black pearl pickguard. To go with that, I still have my Jazz Bass that I'm going to be fixing up. I've decided to forego the active preamp, and just leave her passive. So after a couple of hundred more bucks, I'll have a nice natural/rosewood/black pearl P-bass and black/rosewood/tort Jazz bass, both with Basslines.

~Patrick

2. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Hey X,
    That natural p-bass is a nice bass for the money! I saw a very well matched one this week at GC. as for the SPB-3 pup, I just installed those in a standard P-bass I had sitting around. There is a big difference in sound, it sounds much thicker and clearer at the same time! I also have a standard P-bass with Fralins in it and it nails the old school Motown vibe (which I wanted) cold.

And besides, there is nothing wrong with a Fender family,
    I own 12 Fenders myself!

3. bogart

bogart

Dec 11, 2003
    big bear, ca
    damn right

I love my usa jazz