1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

starting a podcast?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by username n/a, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Yes username n/a wants to start a weekly podcast, do you have any advice for him other than learning to spell better and to stop talking in 3rd person?

EDIT: If you can think of any albums/dvds you would like me to review or any songs you would like me to play just let me know.

2. kydnav

kydnav

Jun 24, 2006
    Netherlands
    You're going to talk about the frustration and fear young boys have while they're exploring their sexuality and figure out they might be gay?

:bag:

3. Before I read your post I was like :) now I'm like :atoz:. Thanks a lot.

4. kydnav

kydnav

Jun 24, 2006
    Netherlands
    love ya :smug:

5. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Name it Q-Tip's quest, that should help dude. :)

6. I love you too snoogem pie :eek: did I type that outloud, please dont tell my girlfriend.

7. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Though ya were breakin' up?
    Ya lazy bum! Get on it, or off it as the case may be.:p

8. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    That'll be good for about 30 seconds.

9. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    which one, the podcast or him on his girlfriend?

(the inflatable i presume)

10. Next thing you'll be telling us to leave britney alone :rolleyes:

bwahahahahaha now that appeals to my sense of humour.

But lasting 30 seconds is assuming he got somewhere, which we know wont be that case :p

11. Can I make a walk-on appearance?

12. Hellz yeah.:bassist:

13. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    They should have an age limit for podcasts.

14. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    Okay, I'm gonna give you some real advice because I'm pretty out of the loop with the off-topic section.

Figure out something that you can do it on, and make it something that can last you at least a month. I know, you'll probably be excited but don't use up all your material all at once. Otherwise, this thing won't be on for more than two months.

Other than that, find your audience and cater to them.

15. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    or a n00b limit

16. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    In all seriousness, plan your first four shows before you start one. Coming up with a playlist, topic for conversation, etc. for a half hour could easily take six hours or more. If you're doing this for the whole world to download, realize it's like school. You're giving a half hour presentation that will be graded (or critiqued by bassists around the world)... put in equal amounts of work. And if you say it's going to be weekly, keep it weekly or be prepared to lose subscribers.

17. Hey Q-TIP

Get a Dictionary!

Guess Who's Back!!