1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Starting a Project! (Mock-Up Request)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Yakob, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Yakob

Yakob

Nov 15, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    I've had this project kicking around in my head for a while now, but until recently, I didn't believe I had the soldering skills to pull it off*. After honing my skills on a variety of mods and such, I've decided to take the plunge and DO IT: Make a professional-looking customized bass guitar.

My plan is pretty simple: I want a black Squier Bronco with a red pearloid pickguard, Seymour Duncan Precision Quarter Pounders, 4-saddle bridge, elephant-ear tuners, and only a volume knob in the way of controls (the output is also pickguard-mounted). The knob would be Fender Mustang-style black.

I've tallied up all the costs, and the total price of such an escapade will run me anywhere between 200-300 dollars, so I won't be getting started any time soon, but a mock-up would be great to have, just to give me something to work for (and to show to potential monetary benefactors as incentive to invest;))

Help a TBer out?

2. Yakob

Yakob

Nov 15, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    Might be getting the Bronco for this sooner than I thought!