1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Starting from scratch.... Posting on Craigslist...

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Mr. Black, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Mr. Black

Mr. Black

Oct 23, 2007
    Portland, TX
    The past 3 projects that I've joined have crashed & burned for various reasons. I've been out of the loop for about 4 years with the birth of my son in '04, new job & buying a house in '06...

I went a while back and totally revamped gearwise and I'm trying to get back in the saddle. Like I said I've been out of the loop and many of the guys I used to jam with are either too busy, or are really into things that I have just outgrown.

Anyway, I've posted an ad on Craigslist to start from scratch & do something new. Here's the ad:

http://corpuschristi.craigslist.org/muc/847311664.html

I tried not to sound too much like an ass, but I figured I try to let folks know what I was looking for.....

Anyway, wish me luck!!!!!:D

2. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    All-and-all, it read fine...except: "I've had past experience in many different hardcore & metal projects in the past"

Kind of redundant.;)

Just kidding. I was in a similar situation a couple of months ago. Good luck in your search.

3. Mr. Black

Mr. Black

Oct 23, 2007
    Portland, TX
    I know.... But, some people here actually consider that apples & oranges :p.....

Thanks for the input though.

:D

4. alapantera

alapantera

Mar 22, 2004
    Wisconsin
    I actually found my current group by replying to their ad on myspace classifieds. You might want to consider posting a duplicate ad there.

Just a thought. And of course, the best of luck with your search.

5. Hey... nice ad... no "ass" apparent in the wording or intent. Clear, to-the-point and serious enough to weed out most pretenders (hopefully..) Hope you hook in some good, mature players this weekend.

-Rob

6. EvilTwin

EvilTwin

Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago
    I think he was saying that "I've had past experience... in the past." was a little redundant, not the Metal vrs. Hardcore ;)

7. Mr. Black

Mr. Black

Oct 23, 2007
    Portland, TX
    Ah-Ha..... Thanks for the help :p, I'm a little dense at times.

8. FWIW I'm in a similar (although slightly less experienced) position too; time out for career/family (although I took about 15y out). I'm thinking of putting in a similar ad as I don't really want to play thrash metal with 20y olds, and a lot of the bands with people my age, who play what I am interested in are frankly better than me it seems at the moment.

I'd be interested to hear how you get on; can you post?

pearcey

9. Mr. Black

Mr. Black

Oct 23, 2007
    Portland, TX
    Well, it seems that I've already gotten a response from some guys who are recording some stuff right now & need a bass player :cool:....

They're supposed to be sending me some tracks to check out. They say it might lead to gigs in the futurebut they're primary focus is recording right now.

I'm cool with that...... We'll see what happens.

:D