Dismiss Notice

Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, get alerts, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Starting My 1st Rack System

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassman614, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Bassman614

Bassman614

Oct 19, 2012
    Columbus Ohio
    Let me start with saying this is my first official post. :bassist: I currently have a Mesa Powerhouse 1000 (I know all about the mixed reviews of this particular cab, so lets not get into a debate over the cab) Im looking to break into the rack system club and have my heart set on a Crest CA9 power amp and a Sansamp RBI or RPM. With all the input and output mumbo jumbo which honestly confuses the heck out of me, can I get some opinions about my hopefully future rig and if it will work properly. If it matters the PH1000 is 4 ohms and my main basses has EMG active pups.
    Thanks, Mike

2. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Grand Rapids Michigan
    I would go with the RPM, as you would have a sweepable mid.

3. Register_To_Disable

4. slade

slade

Apr 5, 2001
    rack systems can be great. I toured an Aguilar DB680 into a QSC 3002 for a long time. Huge sound, very heavy....
    My opinion if you're going this route is go big with regards to watts- you can run one half or bridge if the opportunity comes up. I bridged quite a bit into 810s and 2 (215s). Go big since the watts are cheap. GO nuts spending time finding a pre- you love.