1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Starting my effects collection

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by plastik-bass[?], Mar 11, 2008.

1. I've been thinking about starting my own little effects collection soon because I should be getting a job soon to help the cash flow start rollin in, and I've always been a fan of effects just have never bought any XD.

I play in a Hard Rock/Alternative/Prog/Metal band...i guess thats what you would call us XD. The rig I'm running as of now is a Hartke 410XL using a 105W all tube head(which I am looking to get rid of and buy a GK 700RB).

So the 1st pedals I was thinking of buying are the following..the 1st one is pretty much set in stone and I think I know what kind of effect I want for the other ones but not sure of the pedal, so if you could please suggest a good pedal for the kind of effect.

1. SansAmp Tech 21 Bass Driver
    2. Flanger
    3. Chorus
    4. Delay
    5. Wah...maybe....
    I would appriciate any input you have on how this would sound or anything that I should add/take off.

I'm thinking CEB-3 for the chorus and a BF-3 for the flanger...have no clue about the delay or wah

Thanks in advance :bassist::bassist::bassist:

2. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Get the amp first.

Effects are the icing on the cake, if the cake sucks the icing won't save it!

IMHO you must have good, solid tone in order to get good sounds from the pedals.

The Sansamp is a good start and gives you a DI to boot, always a good thing.
    Considering your style of music you might want to investigate other flavors of dirt. Try out all different types of distirtion, fuzz and overdrive pedals and get a sense of the differences between them.

With all effects, take your time, read as much as you can about different fx. the Analogman site has good info as do others. Try to play through as many different pedals as you can before laying down your hard earned $$$

Enjoy the ride, it is fun and addictive!

Cheers!

3. I was planning on getting the amp 1st.

and Fuzz/Overdrive would be fun but the guitarists have a enough distortion in the fuzz/overdrive category that we dont need any more :/
    as of now my tone is good, but the amp I have has so few EQ options thats its hard to get something I really like. Thats wear the GK 700RB will come in and the SansAmp :D

4. bumpage

5. come on only 1 person???

6. You'll probably find more info if you search the pedals that you are looking for. Do you want analogue delay or digital? Do you want a funky wah sound or a screaming Cliff Burton wah sound? Do you care if your pedals are true bypass?

7. Id say more of a cliff burton wah...and i don think the bypass will matter too too much

8. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    plastik, i pmed you about something. ;)