1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Starting Over: The Sequel

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by szaretsky, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Thanks again to everybody who made suggestions about which basses to look at to replace my old Stingray. I picked up my new EBMM Sterling yesterday (thanks again to Bass Central for everything) and have played it for several hours now. Like any new bass, it's taken a while for me to become comfortable with it, but I expect that it'll feel like an old friend within a few days.

Now it's time for a silly question. If your primary bass is an EBMM Sterling and you're looking for a second bass with a different tonal range (but not necessarily different playing characteristics) what would you choose? Ideally, I want to be able to play different types of music without going out and buying a bunch of other basses. What one or two other basses will provide me with a good tonal range?

Thanks - fire away!!!

2. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    Jazz or P-bass... the EBMM can get close to those sounds, but will never hit them dead on.