Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Starting Over: The Sequel

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by szaretsky, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Thanks again to everybody who made suggestions about which basses to look at to replace my old Stingray. I picked up my new EBMM Sterling yesterday (thanks again to Bass Central for everything) and have played it for several hours now. Like any new bass, it's taken a while for me to become comfortable with it, but I expect that it'll feel like an old friend within a few days.

Now it's time for a silly question. If your primary bass is an EBMM Sterling and you're looking for a second bass with a different tonal range (but not necessarily different playing characteristics) what would you choose? Ideally, I want to be able to play different types of music without going out and buying a bunch of other basses. What one or two other basses will provide me with a good tonal range?

Thanks - fire away!!!

2. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    Jazz or P-bass... the EBMM can get close to those sounds, but will never hit them dead on.