Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

starting to regret selling my Jazz, maybe a new one?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xcental34x, Mar 18, 2004.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    A few months ago I was forced to sell my MIM Jazz Bass of a year and a half. Well, I was playing this Sunburst MIM Jazz yesterday at Guitar Center, and well...it sounded absolutely amazing though the GK 800RB and SWR 212 I wa playing though. It took me back to that nice snappy and growly tone that my old Jazz Bass had.

I've considered buying a Marcus Miler Signature Jazz in Sunburst, after I purchase my new head, and making a few customizations to it. Well, now I'm thinking of this MIM Jazz.

In summary. I regret selling my Jazz, but now I want one in Sunburst, and no doubt I will mod whichever I get.

~Patrick

2. i understand. i defretted my MIM J (with ultra jazz) and i'm not entirely keen on the results.

i have put a lot of thought into it, though, and i recommend you look for basses that you don't have to modify to get them how you want them. the thought of spending close to a grand on a bass and then spending a few hundred more to make it how i want it just feels so silly.

regardless, good luck in finding what you want.

robb.