1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

starting to regret selling my Jazz, maybe a new one?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xcental34x, Mar 18, 2004.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    A few months ago I was forced to sell my MIM Jazz Bass of a year and a half. Well, I was playing this Sunburst MIM Jazz yesterday at Guitar Center, and well...it sounded absolutely amazing though the GK 800RB and SWR 212 I wa playing though. It took me back to that nice snappy and growly tone that my old Jazz Bass had.

I've considered buying a Marcus Miler Signature Jazz in Sunburst, after I purchase my new head, and making a few customizations to it. Well, now I'm thinking of this MIM Jazz.

In summary. I regret selling my Jazz, but now I want one in Sunburst, and no doubt I will mod whichever I get.

~Patrick

2. i understand. i defretted my MIM J (with ultra jazz) and i'm not entirely keen on the results.

i have put a lot of thought into it, though, and i recommend you look for basses that you don't have to modify to get them how you want them. the thought of spending close to a grand on a bass and then spending a few hundred more to make it how i want it just feels so silly.

regardless, good luck in finding what you want.

robb.